Sunday, February 5, 2012

February's Food Holiday

Ahh.... the Superbowl.  I appreciate national events that are centered on food.  Yes, I understand that most of the country thinks that the Superbowl is centered on football, but it is completely lost on me.  I know about as much about football as I do about nuclear physics, so I focus on the things that make sense.  Chili.  Cornbread.  Guacamole.  Halftime show with Madonna.  So far, a few highlights:

-Kelly Clarkson did not butcher our national anthem like my second-favorite American Idol judge, Steven Tyler.  Thank God. 
-Mr. Giselle Bundchen is giving the Giants a run for the money as of the 3rd quarter..
-Madge shocked the world by keeping her clothes on and performing a classy and family-friendly half-time show.  What does that say about your career when you surprise everyone by not getting your kit off on stage?
-Chili made with beer and an obnoxious amount of morita peppers is the business.  Cornbread made with jalapenos and cheddar in the chili is the business squared. 
-Still waiting for the Ok Go! Chevy commercial... all the others have been marginal at best except for VW and Acura, in my humble opinion. 
-Enough with the Coca-Cola bears!

P.S., check out one of my favorite blogs Cupcakes and Cashmere and her awesome Superbowl dessert. Here at Chez Erin we served a lovely store-bought triple chocolate mousse cake from Publix, which was most delicious.  But alas, it was not masquerading as a hamburger...



(Photo: Cupcakes and Cashmere)

No comments:

Post a Comment