Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Designer Yogurt and Rainboots

Rainy Tuesday summer evenings are great in Florida, especially when your neighbor suggests a spontaneous trip to the newest designer yogurt bar near your house. To readers who live in major metropolitan areas, I realize this is old news.... cut me some slack. Trends move slowly here in the 90% humidity.  Seems to me there are designer yogurt joints popping up everywhere in the last few months. 


Tonight we visited Yogurtology, an uber-modern DIY yogurt bar with slick decor and interesting flavors: cupcake batter, oatmeal cookie, red velvet cake, and sundry fruit flavors... which I passed by.  (I've already tasted mango yogurt.  Can't say the same for red velvet cake yogurt!)  In a nose-thumbing stroke of irony, they also had yogurt-flavored yogurt.  Natch.  Toppings range from fresh tropical fruit to kid's cereals and everything in between.  Seriously, they have Cap'n Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, and Lucky Charms available to gild your fro-yo masterpiece.  The flavors tasted quite like they were supposed to, making a great treat for a Tuesday evening.  Cherry on top? I got to wear my new polka-dot rain boots.  After nearly ruining 2 pair of nice shoes in the torrential downpours this week, I went to Target and hooked myself up. 

Happy Tuesday, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Kids are addicted to Menchie's in Brandon. And I've noticed more and more and more yogurt places popping up all over out here in the 'burbs! It's like the '80's all over again! Colleen

    ReplyDelete